The 14th PFI Awards presented
We know the winners of the Polish Film Institute Awards in seven categories: Animation of Film Culture, Innovation or Technological Solution, Film Criticism, Book on Film, Polish Film Distribution, Debut of the Year and Film Poster. The statuettes were presented at a gala ceremony held on the 14th of September this year during the 47th Polish Film Festival in Gdynia.
Animation of Film Culture:
• Podkarpackie Film Trail
• Silesian Film Location Trail
• Film Spring Open
• Activities of the Warsaw Film School
• The International Film Festival of the Art of Cinematography Energa CAMERIMAGE
The award in this category was presented by Radosław Śmigulski, Director of the Polish Film Institute.
Innovation or Technological Solution:
- 35mm.online streaming platform
- Visual Narrative Laboratory
The prize was handed out by Ewa Piaskowska.
• Diana Dąbrowska
• Łukasz Muszyński
• Michał Oleszczyk
The statuette was presented to the winner by Agata Szymańska.
Book on Film:
- KIEŚLOWSKI. Od Bez końca do końca by Krzysztof Piesiewicz and Mikołaj Jazdon
- Kinematograf o sobie. Autotematyzm w polskim filmie fabularnym by Paweł Biliński
- Przerwane emancypacje. Polityka ekscesu w kinie polskim lat 1968-1982 by Sebastian Jagielski
Lena Góra was the one to present the statuette in this category.
Polish Film Distribution:
- Film Distribution of Kill It and Leave This Town
- Film Distribution of Clouds of Death – Bolimów 1915
The filmmakers were honoured with a statuette, presented by Rafał Zawierucha.
Debut of the Year:
• The documentary film Bloodless Revolution. A Short History of the Internet in Poland
• Film Educator’s Team
The award winners in this category received their statuette from Jakub Gierszał.
- The In-Laws by Maks Bereski (©Plakiat)
- Escape to the Silver Globe by Maks Bereski (© Plakiat)
- Fucking Bornholm by Bartosz Kosowski
The statuette in this category was presented to the winner by Andrzej Pągowski.
Polish Film Institute Awards
The accolades are a special recognition of the work of people and institutions outside of film. They are the only Polish awards aimed at honouring special achievements in supporting the development of Polish cinema, promoting its heritage and facilitating public access to Polish films.
The awards have been presented since 2008. Candidates can be submitted by cultural institutions, film schools, local authorities, non-governmental institutions associated with culture and other entities and individuals active in the cultural sector. This year’s nominees were selected by a Jury comprising: Radosław Śmigulski, director of the Polish Film Institue, Aleksandra Świerczewska, head of the Department of Film Culture Dissemination and Promotion, art historian and curator Hanna Wróblewska, film producer Aneta Hickinbotham, historian and journalist Piotr Zaremba, columnist Wiesław Kot and film critic and Polityka weekly columnist Janusz Wróblewski.