The first day of 39. GFF – screenings and events plan
Six Festival days are awaiting us, including screenings, meetings and accompanying events. We present the plan of the first day of the 39. GFF:
- As soon as tomorrow, the official opening of the 39. GFF will be held in the Musical Theatre, during which a screening of the digitally restored and re-edited “Deluge Redivivus” by Jerzy Hoffman will take place,
- At 11:00 a.m. on the New Stage of the Musical Theatre, the opening of the Young Cinema Competition will take place, after which (11:15 a.m.) a show of the Screening Block I and a presentation of the Screening Block II (2:00 p.m.) will be held.
We invite to Gdynia’s Multikino for screenings within the Main Competition, Visions Apart and Forgotten Classics sections.
- “Jack Strong”, 11:00 a.m.; 7:15 p.m.
- “The Mighty Angel”, 2:15 p.m.; 4:45 p.m.
- “Hardkor disko”, 6:45 p.m.; 10:00 p.m.
- “The Word”, 8:45 p.m.
- “Polish Shit”, 11:30 a.m.
- “Little Crushes”, 2:00 p.m.
- “Heavy Mental”, 4:00 p.m.
- “Referee of Attention”, 6:00 p.m.
- “Little Dramas”, 12:00 a.m. (midday)
- the first day of the “Directors” photographs exhibition by Rafał Guz (Multikino)
- an exhibition in the Musical Theatre’s foyer: “Portraits of directors of Main Competition films” by Rafał Placek
- “Exhibition of Danish Film Posters” (Musical Theatre)
- “A School with a View” – an exhibition by Sławomir Pultyn (Musical Theatre)
- Lightsensitive Poland stand (Council of Europe Park),
- Wydawnictwo Myśliński stand (Gdynia Waterfront Center)
All the accompanying events are open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., except for the Wydawnictwo Myśliński stand, which closes at 7:30 p.m.
In the Helios Cinema, screenings for the youngest audience will be held from 9:00 a.m. Within the “Gdynia for Children” section, we will present the following films: “The Devil from Seventh Grade”, “Bolek i Lolek w kosmosie”, “My Horse Avatar” and “Terrific Vacation “.